DSSAT 2018 International Training
Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk, and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation ModelsMay 14-19, 2018 | The University of Georgia at Griffin, Georgia, USA
Presented by a joint training program of the DSSAT Foundation, Auburn University, University of Florida, University of Georgia, and the International Fertilizer Development Center.Workshop Brochure Registration Learn More
Program Goal and Objectives
The overall goal of this training program is to familiarize participants with a comprehensive computer model for the simulation of crop growth and yield, soil and plant water, nutrient and carbon dynamics and their application to real world problems.
Each participant will receive the DSSAT Software (Version 4.7 for Windows) and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production.
Specifically the program will focus on:
- Operation of the Windows-based Decision Support System for Agrotechnology Transfer (DSSAT) Version 4.7.
- Description of the DSSAT-Cropping System Model, CSM and its modules, such as CROPGRO and CERES, and the science embedded in the models.
- Minimum data requirements and experimental data collection for systems simulation.
- Integration of crop simulation models with database management and Geographical Information Systems.
- Application of the DSSAT-CSM model to improve management of cropping systems.
The registration fee is $1500 if you register by March 31 and $1,800 if you register after March 31. It covers resource material including the DSSAT v4.6 software and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production. It also includes AM/PM breaks and lunch on training days, and registration services. It does not cover breakfast, dinner, lodging, health insurance, or transportation. Each participant is responsible for these costs. If you register by March 31, 2018, you are assured of receiving a confirmation package. Enrollment is limited to 50 participants.
- By mail: Fill out, print and mail your registration form (pdf) and payment to the Office of Continuing Education, The University of Georgia, Griffin Campus, 1109 Experiment St., Griffin, GA 30223. Payment is by personal or cashier’s check or money order. Do not send cash.
- By fax: Fill out, print and fax your registration form (pdf) to (770) 233-6180. Payment is by credit card only.
- In Person: Come to our office. We are located in the Stuckey Building, Room 125, on the Griffin Campus. Business hours are 8 am-5 pm, M-F. Payment is by personal or cashier’s check, money order, credit card or cash.
- By telephone: Our telephone number is (770) 229-3477. Credit card payment only if registering by phone.
- Online: Click here to register online. Payment is by credit card only.
- DSSAT Training Workshop 2018 Website at the University of Georgia Office of Continuing Education