The DSSAT community holds at least two “sprint” workshops per year. The sprints provide an opportunity for people with specific interests in model code or tools to work together. Presentations are limited to brief overviews of progress and most time is spent on writing code or testing and documenting changes.
IFDC, 10-14 July 2017
Hosted by the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC), this sprint focused on preparing for the release of DSSAT 4.7. Other activities included:
- Developing a strategy for more generic handling of new crops in CSM and DSSAT.
- Evaluate linkages with pest and disease models.
- Evaluate linkages with other models, including for drainage and livestock.
- Improve specific models (e.g., cassava, forages, sunflower,pineapple).
- Review progress on the robust testing platform
- (and several more)