DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share all your questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv.
- Hypoxia or water-logging stress parameter output for Ceres-WheatDear All, I know of the Excess Water Stress Factor (EWSD) output parameter for maize, sorghum, and millet models in DSSAT (found in the PlantGro.OUT file). However, I do not see an equivalent output parameter for CERES-Wheat. Are there any output parameters that indicate hypoxia/water-logging Read more »
- SEB session on Crop Model Improvement with Biological knowledgeDear colleagues (our apologies for duplicate post), We are organizing a session devoted to crop models improvement by injection of biological knowledge and mechanisms at the 2017 SEB Annual meeting (I have attached the pitch of the session). Could please pass this announcement to colleagues who Read more »
- International Consultant in Agro-Meteorology for a project in MozambiqueDear Colleagues, FAO has posted a new vacancy for an international consultant in agro-meteorology to be based in Mozambique. All details here: http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/VA/pdf/IRC4044.pdf Deadline: 2 May 2017 All applications are to be made through FAO’s iRecruitment system. Read more »
- FarmersEdge: Manager of Agronomy R & DPlease follow the instructions in the attachment to apply for this position. Reporting to the Head of Analytics, the Manager of Agronomy R&D will lead a highly skilled team of Agronomists, Agrometeorologists, and Crop Modellers to support the development and operations of decision support tools. Read more »
- International Consultant in Agro-Meteorology for a project in AngolaDear Colleagues, FAO has posted a vacancy for an international consultant in agro-meteorology to be based in Angola. All details here: http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/VA/pdf/IRC4038.pdf Deadline: 20 April 2017 All applications are to be made through FAO’s iRecruitment system. Click on Read more »
- Consultant Opportunity: pyDSSAT crop simulation software developer and researcherRole: We are seeking a consultant or paid intern to develop software for crop simulation research. Requirements: - PhD degree in a related field (completed or in progress) - Expert Python programmer with strong Linux and parallel computing background - Demonstrable expertise Read more »
- ICT For Adapting Agriculture To Climate ChangeDear DSSAT list members, The International Conference of ICT for Adapting Agriculture to Climate Change (AACC'17) will be held at Popayán (Colombia) on November 22-24, 2017. This conference is organized by Inter-Institutional Network for Climate Change and Security Food of Colombia - RICCLISA. Read more »
- Cultivar coefficients for Australia varieties of wheat, sorghum and sugarcaneDear All, We are working on an ensemble of crop models within the framework of a drought management project for Queensland in Australia. We are looking for cultivar coefficients for Australia varieties of wheat, sorghum and sugarcane. Please let me know if you can point me to and/or share Read more »
- FW: [AgMIP] Announcement of Opportunity: AgMIP Co-Principal InvestigatorAnnouncement of Opportunity: AgMIP Co-Principal Investigator March 3, 2017 The Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) is seeking co-Principal Investigator(s) to join its Leadership Team. AgMIP (www.agmip.org) is a major international collaborative effort Read more »
- DSSAT 2017 International Training Program in MayDear colleagues, If you are interested in attending the DSSAT 2017 International Training Program "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models", please note that there are only a few weeks left for early registration. The Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.