DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share all your questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv.
- Cultivar coefficients for Australia varieties of wheat, sorghum and sugarcaneDear All, We are working on an ensemble of crop models within the framework of a drought management project for Queensland in Australia. We are looking for cultivar coefficients for Australia varieties of wheat, sorghum and sugarcane. Please let me know if you can point me to and/or share Read more »
- FW: [AgMIP] Announcement of Opportunity: AgMIP Co-Principal InvestigatorAnnouncement of Opportunity: AgMIP Co-Principal Investigator March 3, 2017 The Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) is seeking co-Principal Investigator(s) to join its Leadership Team. AgMIP (www.agmip.org) is a major international collaborative effort Read more »
- DSSAT 2017 International Training Program in MayDear colleagues, If you are interested in attending the DSSAT 2017 International Training Program "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models", please note that there are only a few weeks left for early registration. The Read more »
- Postdoc position on "Stochastic soil-crop modeling" in GermanyDear all, we advertise a Postdoc position on "Stochastic soil-crop modeling" in Germany. See attached description. The Special Collaborative Program 1253 CAMPOS (Catchments as reactors) has started on 1 Jan 2017. It is one of the biggest projects in this field in Germany: http://www.geo.uni-tueb Read more »
- PhD Crop Modeller role: AgriskHi All, Please find below the link for a role we are recruiting for http://www.agriskhub.com/jobs/5 Regards, Alex Alex Babic Director +44 7909 821353 alex....@queenscliff.co.uk www.queenscliff.co.uk [image: View Alex Babic - Queenscliff Ltd's profile on LinkedIn] [image: Read more »
- crop coefficients for the cultivar filesDear all, In a similar vein to the previous email from Simon: we are looking for cultivar coefficients for UK varieties of wheat, barley, oats, oilseed rape (canola) and field beans (Vicia faba). Please let me know if you can point me to and/or share such data. Thank you very much. Read more »
- observed potato phenology (growth stage) dataDear all, We are working on a model for potato phenology (growth stages), and are looking for observed data to support this modeling effort. We are interested in data worldwide. Please let me know if you can point me to and/or are able to share such data sets. Thanks! Simon [image: http://www Read more »
- Climate Information & EWS Specialist position at Green Climate Fund Hqs in KoreaDear Colleagues, I am pleased to disseminate this very interesting request for a specialist on Climate Information and EWS coming from by Aurée de Carbon, Managing Director and Executive Recruiter at CARRHURE. Best regards, Michele Bernardi Agro-Meteorologist and Bio-Climatologist former UN-FAO Read more »
- Crop modeler Physiologist at CIMMYTCrop Modeler/Physiologist JOB OPPORTUNITIES The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org Read more »
- 3 PhD positions in Sweden.SLU and Stockholm University are advertising three PhD positions in modelling agro-ecosystems. Contact details and descriptions are below, with more detail in the attachments. PhD project 1 (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU, Uppsala) Modelling climate-related risks and Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.