DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 20,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- AG2PI training workshop: Enhancing Discoverability and Accessibility of UAV-Based Forage Phenotyping Hyperspectral Databy Scott, Nicole M [AGRON] on June 6, 2023 at 2:11 pm
Dear DSSAT members,The next Agricultural Genome to Phenome Initiative training workshop, "Enhancing Discoverability and Accessibility of UAV-Based Forage Phenotyping Hyperspectral Data on CyVerse: A Tutorial", will be held June 20, from 10 AM to 11 AM (CDT; UTC -5). In this workshop, Dr. Zhou Zhang will demonstrate how to publish agricultural geospatial data on the data sharing platform, CyVerse. [...]
- GRA position announcementby Pratishtha Poudel on May 30, 2023 at 8:22 pm
Greetings,My name is Pratishtha Poudel and I am a new assistant professor at Purdue University. I am looking for an MS or a Ph.D. student to work on projects related to crop model development and application, and data science in agriculture. Could you please forward the attached GRA job description to the DSSAT listserve? [...]
- World Bank Webinar on National Crop Monitoring and Yield Forecasting Programs [June 1st 9:00-10:30 AM EST]by Hopf,Alwin on May 27, 2023 at 12:31 am
Dear DSSAT Community,The World Bank’s Data-Driven and Digital Agriculture Team is hosting a webinar on Thursday June 1st 9-10:30 AM EST on developing national systems for crop monitoring and yield forecasting. Two examples from Morocco and Ethiopia will be introduced, with the latter being based on CRAFT and DSSAT!The webinar is open to anyone, with a Q&A section at the end. A recording will be available too, at a later date. More information in the attached flyer, and please register here to join: https://forms.gle/UAgK6SwZUd5H2oU48 [...]
- DSSAT Oral and Poster Sessions during the 2023 ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting - Reminderby Gerrit Hoogenboom on May 23, 2023 at 9:05 pm
All,This is a reminder that early submission for abstract submission for the2023 Annual Meeting of the ASA-CSSA-SSSA ends in two days on May 25.Final submission ends on June 13.During the 2023 Annual Meeting, we are sponsoring *an oral session and aposter session on DSSAT*. The two sessions are part of /ASA Section:Climatology and Modeling/. To submit an abstract, please go tohttps://www.acsmeetings.org/submit to submit your abstract. [...]
- Vacancy VU Amsterdam - Tenure track assistant professor spatial analysis and land useby Chopin, P.G.B. (Pierre) on May 15, 2023 at 9:28 am
Dear colleagues,The Environmental Geography group from the Free University of Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam) has an exciting position as tenure track assistant professor of spatial analysis and land use. The position was re-advertised due to the very low number of applicants. The position offers a very good salary scale, in a scientifically competitive environment. The tenure track position can be turned into a permanent position after 18 months of efforts for applying to grants and proving a development in terms of publication writing. [...]
- Open position for researchers/professors with refugee status - BRAZILby PAULO EDUARDO RIBEIRO MARCHIORI on May 10, 2023 at 6:46 pm
Dear colleagues,I request assistance in publicizing an open position to work with plantphysiology in Brazil, exclusively for researchers/professors with *refugeestatus*.I'm sorry to use this list for this purpose, but I need help for thisopportunity to reach professors who need it most.Main Information-Project: Association between photosynthesis and development of coffeefruits (*Coffea arabica*) [...]
- AG2PI upcoming virtual events: Training Workshop + Field Dayby Scott, Nicole M [AGRON] on May 9, 2023 at 6:27 pm
Hello DSSAT community members,We are excited to share the following two virtual events with you:1. The next AG2PI virtual Training Workshop, "Using Remote Sensing to Monitor Nitrogen Stress and Yield in Alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)" is May 23 from 10am to 12pm CDT (UTC-5). In this workshop, Drs. Anju Biswas and Esteban Rios will demonstrate an image processing pipeline for nitrogen/abiotic stress detection in crops. For additional details and to register for this virtual event go to https://www.ag2pi.org/workshops-and-activities/workshop-2023-05-23/. See flyer attached. [...]
- PhD and Post-Doc openingsby Mahendra Bhandari on May 8, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Dear Colleagues,We are seeking a highly motivated scientist (Post-DOC) and a PhD student to work on a project to develop a feedstock-based biomass production system for the Southern U.S with improved carbon and water footprint. The project lies in the intersection of bioenergy and forage crops, Unoccupied Aerial Systems (UAS), cropping system agronomy, and soil science. The research is located in South Texas, primarily Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center in Corpus Christi, Texas A&M AgriLife Research - Beeville Station, and Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center at Weslaco. [...]
- Modelling Agroforestry systems - 2 Postdocs + 1 Programmer in Berlin/Potsdam, GEby Feike, Til on May 6, 2023 at 5:48 am
Dear DSSAT community,We offer two crop modeler positions and one programmer position at the Julius Kuehn Institute, Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants at the outskirts of Berlin, Germany.Work together with our international team of experts to develop a model-based site-specific decision support system for agroforestry systems.2 Postdocshttps://interamt.de/koop/app/stelle?13&id=958456https://interamt.de/koop/app/stelle?12&id=9585371 Programmer / Web-designerhttps://interamt.de/koop/app/stelle?14&id=958411 [...]
- Post-Doctoral Researcher (Agro-Climate)by Ram Ray on May 3, 2023 at 11:56 am
Dear all:I am looking for someone interested in conducting research on carbonmodeling, hydrologic modeling, climate change impact on agriculture, andwater quality. Please forward this e-mail, If you know someone interestedin applying to this position by May 11, 2023.Please see the details about this position at this link.https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Post-Doctoral-Researcher--Agro-Climate-_R-061542
DSSAT Archives – Crop Models and Applications: https://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?A0=dssat
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.