DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 20,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- Tenure track vacancy in crop ecophysiology at Cornell Universityby Andrew James McDonald on November 26, 2023 at 1:45 pm
I am writing to draw your attention to an exciting new opportunity at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY, USA). We have just initiated a search for a faculty member who specializes in the ecophysiology of field crop systems with a focus on climate resilience. Applications received before February 1st 2024 will receive full consideration. The full job announcement and guidance for applicants can be found here: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/26594. A brief description of the position is appended below. [...]
- Environmental Systems Modellerby Agreena on November 22, 2023 at 2:22 pm
Environmental Systems Modeller (Remote - EU)R&D – Programs & Science /Full-Time/ RemoteAbout AgreenaAgreena is an exciting, dynamic, and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to mobilise farmers and corporations to unlock the value of nature and help restore the planet. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance, and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. Over 200 employees across more than 40 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen, offices in London, or remotely across Europe. [...]
- Assistant Professor Position - Climate Resilience Engineer at the University of Floridaby Her,Young Gu on November 20, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Greetings,The Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering at the University of Florida is seeking a climate resilience engineer who will improve the climate resilience of Florida by assessing, monitoring, and predicting the current and potential climate change impacts on natural resources, urbanizing land use and agriculture of the State of Florida, and developing mitigation and adaptation strategies. Research findings are also expected to have global relevance. [...]
- PhD opportunities - Barleyby Mike Rivington on November 16, 2023 at 4:54 pm
Dear DSSAT Colleagues,Please can you circulate these PhD opportunities to students and colleagues?FindAPhD : Barley Industrial Training Network (BARIToNE) at University of Dundee<https://www.findaphd.com/phds/program/barley-industrial-training-network-baritone-phd-programme/?p5541>I would particularly draw you attention to the one I will be co-supervising:Barley productivity and nitrogen losses under climate change in Scotland (Project code 24F)https://www.findaphd.com/common/clickCount.aspx?theid=5541&type=200&url=%2fsearch%2fprojectDetails.aspx%3fPJID%3d163986%26LID%3d420Here will use DSSAT as the underpinning modelling tool. [...]
- EGU sessions on the role of soil fauna in terrestrial Ecosystems on a changing worldby Bertrand Guenet on November 10, 2023 at 3:27 pm
Dear all (sorry for cross posting)Some of us are going to convene a session at EGU 2024 to discussinvertebrate biodiversity, ecosystem functioning and climate change.https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU24/session/49872The soil hosts a large proportion of the biodiversity of terrestrialinvertebrates(e.g. myriapods, insects, arachnids, oligochaetes) buttheir functional role terrestrial ecosystems is being systematicallyunderestimated, partly because inventorying soil invertebratebiodiversity is methodologically challenging. [...]
- Open position at IPSL in Paris (France) to work on land surface model evaluationby Bertrand Guenet on November 7, 2023 at 9:22 am
Dear all,sorry in advance for any cross-posting.At the Insitut Pierre et Simon Laplace in Paris (France), we are lookingfor someone to work on the development and deployment of a software toolbased on statistical methods capable of evaluating and visualising thequality of the results of the IPSL’s ORCHIDEE numerical code of thecontinental biosphere, in the field of Climate Sciences. [...]
- Hiring PostDoc @IRRI Cambodia - Water and Food Systems - Apply by 9th of Novemberby Anton Urfels on October 31, 2023 at 6:11 pm
Dear friends and colleagues,We are hiring for an exciting position in our water team at IRRI to work onwater systems in agricultural landscapes - please circulate within yournetworks. I'd be happy to provide further info to interested candidates. Weare open to researchers from various disciplines that are passionate aboutadvancing R4D and move the needle on climate action and food systemstransformation. [...]
- Exciting crop modeling opportunity at Viterraby Alexander Hassiotis on October 31, 2023 at 2:20 pm
Dear DSSAT modelers,Viterra has a vacancy to join our dynamic crop modeling team in the Netherlands. You will develop process-based crop growth models to provide our commercial team with insights about various production and quality scenarios at regional scales.As one of the largest integrated agricultural networks in the world, Viterra connects producers to consumers, handling the sourcing, storage, processing, shipping and marketing of various commodities that include wheat, corn, canola, soybeans, pulses, cotton and sugar. [...]
- Post-doc Position - Agroforestry modelerby Feike, Til on October 30, 2023 at 6:38 am
Dear all,we are looking for an agroecosystems modeler to join our team and work with us on modeling alley-cropping agroforestry systems in Germany.https://interamt.de/koop/app/stelle?0&id=1041188Thank you for distributing the position in your network.With best regardsTil
- New DSSAT Foundation YouTube Channelby Antunes De Oliveira,Fabio Augusto on October 27, 2023 at 7:33 pm
Dear DSSAT Community!Introducing the DSSAT Foundation's Official YouTube Channel!Unlock the Power of Crop Modeling with DSSAT!The DSSAT Foundation is thrilled to present you the YouTube channel, where we bring you the latest insights and tutorials to help you make the most of the DSSAT suite of tools.Here is a preview of what you can expect: [...]
DSSAT Archives – Crop Models and Applications: https://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?A0=dssat
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.