DSSAT 2020 International Training Program
Assessing Crop Production, Water and Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk, and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models
Dec 07-12, 2020 (Rescheduled from May) | The University of Georgia at Griffin, Georgia, USA
Presented by a joint training program of the DSSAT Foundation, Auburn University, University of Florida, the Institute for Sustainable Food Systems and the International Fertilizer Development Center.Workshop Brochure Registration Learn More
Program Goal and Objectives
The overall goal of this training program is to familiarize participants with a comprehensive computer model for the simulation of crop growth and yield, soil, and plant water, nutrient, and carbon dynamics and their application to real-world problems.
Each participant will receive the DSSAT Software (Version 4.7.5 for Windows) and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production.
- Operation of the Windows-based Decision Support System for Agrotechnology Transfer (DSSAT) Version 4.7.5.
- Description of the DSSAT-Cropping System Model, CSM and its modules, such as CROPGRO and CERES, and the science embedded in the models.
- Minimum data requirements and experimental data collection for systems simulation.
- Integration of crop simulation models with database management and Geographical Information Systems.
- Application of the DSSAT-CSM model to improve the management of cropping systems.
The registration fee is $1,500 if you register by Nov 1st, 2020 and $1,800 if you register after Nov 1st, 2020. It covers resource material including the DSSAT version 4.7.5 software and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production. It also includes AM/PM breaks, lunch on training days, and registration services. The registration fee does not cover breakfast, dinner, lodging, health insurance, or transportation from and to the airport. Each participant is responsible for these costs. If you register by Nov 1st, 2020 you are assured of receiving a confirmation package. Enrollment is limited to 50 participants.
- By mail: Fill out, print and mail your registration form (pdf) and payment to the Office of Continuing Education, The University of Georgia, Griffin Campus, 1109 Experiment St., Griffin, GA 30223. Payment is by personal or cashier’s check or money order. Do not send cash.
- In person: Come to the Office of Continuing Education, which is located in the Stuckey Building, Room 125, on the Griffin Campus. Business hours are 8 am-5 pm, M-F. Payment is by personal or cashier’s check, money order, credit card or cash.
- By telephone: Our telephone number is 1-770-229-3477. Payment is by credit card only.
- By fax: Fill out, print and fax your registration form (pdf) to (770) 233-6180. Payment is by credit card only.
- Online: Click here to register online. Payment is by credit card only.
- Payment by Wire Transfer: If you are not able to pay using the options given above, you may be able to wire transfer funds to the University of Georgia. Contact the Office of Continuing Education for information on this payment option.
- DSSAT Training Workshop 2020 Website at the University of Georgia Office of Continued Education