DSSAT v4.7 can now be requested from the DSSAT portal at www.DSSAT.net. This version was released at two international training workshops in Sakon Nakhon, Thailand (August 20-25, 2017) and Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines (November 6-10, 2017).
New capabilities have been added since v4.6.1:
- New crop models:
- Perennial forage model (PRFRM) – bermudagrass, brachiaria, bahia grass, alfalfa
- NWheat (WHAPS)
- Pineapple model (PIALO)
- Cassava model (CSYCA)
- Sunflower model (SUGRO)
- Safflower model (SFGRO)
- New datasets for potato, rice, canola, as well as for the new crop models.
- Option for output in comma delimited format (csv)
- Increased portability through use of improved CMake files and standardization of file names.
- Improvements to millet model.
- Recalibration of potato model (PTSUB) with new data.
- Hourly energy balance model restored.
- Growth stage irrigation capability.
The following is the reference for this version:
Hoogenboom, G., C.H. Porter, V. Shelia, K.J. Boote, U. Singh, J.W. White, L.A. Hunt, R. Ogoshi, J.I. Lizaso, J. Koo, S. Asseng, A. Singels, L.P. Moreno, and J.W. Jones. 2017. Decision Support System for Agrotechnology Transfer (DSSAT) Version 4.7 (www.DSSAT.net). DSSAT Foundation, Gainesville, Florida, USA.