DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- Cropping Systems agronomist/biologist search committee-ADVERTISE!Dear all, We have a new opening in our department (Assistant Professor of Agronomy and Agroecosystems, Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis) and I would appreciate it if you could pass it to people who might be interested (the position description is attached). Read more »
- DSSAT Open Forum this Monday night @ 7:30 pm ESTAll, Apologies for all the recent e-mail messages. For those of you who are planning to attend the upcoming American Society of Agronomy-Crop Science Society of America meetings that start tomorrow, November 4, I would like to invite you to the 22nd Open Forum on Crop Modeling and Decision Read more »
- Geospatial Scientist at PrecisionHawk, Raleigh, NCPrecisionHawk in Raleigh, NC is looking for a Geospatial Scientist to join their Ag team. If interested, please apply https://www.precisionhawk.com/careers/details?id=1408635&gh_jid=1408635 and list "DSSAT" as how you learned about this position. Position description listed below. --- Read more »
- USDA-ARS modeling vacancy in Fort Collins COHello all, Our Water Management & Systems Research Unit in Fort Collins CO has a relevant vacancy, applications close on 11/23/2018. A short description and the link is below. Please forward this to all interested applicants. Thanks! Major Duties: As a Research Agronomist, Agricultural Read more »
- Post-Doctoral Position Available: Soil-Water-Plant System ModelingThe Department of Soil, Water, and Climate and the Southwest Research and Outreach Center, University of Minnesota, are seeking a motivated candidate for a Post-doctoral position who possesses strong drainage/soil water/soil hydrology modeling skills and has experience planning and conducting Read more »
- Borlaug Fellowship Program for Young ScientistsThe Borlaug Fellowship Program provides opportunities for short-term research projects to improve agricultural productivity, economic development, and food security. It offers training and collaborative opportunities for agricultural research, international agricultural economics, leadership, Read more »
- announcement of a postdoc position on the modelling of ecosystem services in apple orchardsDear colleagues, Please find attached the announcement of a post doc position on the modelling of multiple ecosystem services in apple orchards, through a crop-soil model. It may be of interest for young researchers of your scientific communities. Kind regards, Françoise Lescourret Read more »
- Reminder: DSSAT Foundation Annual Open ForumThe DSSAT Foundation will be sponsoring the 22nd Annual Open Forum on Crop Modeling and Decision Support Systems during this year's ASA-CSSA 2018 International Annual Meetings. The forum is scheduled for Monday night, November 5, 2018 from 7:30 - 9:00 pm in Room 338 of the Baltimore Convention Read more »
- AgMIP Side Session Program, 1-4 pm, November 4, 2018, Baltimore Convention Center 323Friends, please find attached the draft program for an AgMIP Side Session to be held from 1:00 - 4:00 pm on Sunday, November 4, 2018 at the Baltimore Convention Center Room 323. The Session goals are to: - Share results on AgMIPactivities in North America - Advance crop-water –ET –N Read more »
- Assistant Professor in Precision Water Management position at the University of FloridaAssistant Professor in Precision Water Management position: this is a 9-month, tenure track position, 40% extension (Florida Cooperative Extension Service) and 60% research (Florida Agricultural Experiment Station) in the Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department (ABE), Institute of Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.