DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share all your questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv.
- Assistant Professorship in Global Change Agroecology, University of FloridaThe Agronomy Department at the University of Florida (agronomy.ifas.ufl.edu) invites applications for a 12-month tenure-accruing position that will be 60% teaching and 40% research. This appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor, with an expected start date no later than August 1, Read more »
- Re: Permanent positions in France for crop modellingDear Sir /Madam, I keen interested in crop modelling position Please find attached CV for your consideration Yours sincerely Vijay Kumar Gude On Nov 27, 2017 19:03, "Amelie Pinet" wrote: Hello, I'm pleased to inform researchers in agronomy who are interested in Read more »
- Florida's Climate: Changes, Variations, & Impacts – Paperback published – November 29, 2017Announcement: The Florida Climate Institute (FCI) just announced the publication of a book (632 pages) on climate changes: variations and impacts. It is now available online at the Amazon website: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1979091048. The current on-line price is $20.75 + shipping. The Read more »
- Obituary for Paul WilkensDear Colleagues, It is with great sadness that I inform the DSSAT community that Dr. Paul Wilkens passed away on Monday, November 27, 2017. We owe much to Paul and his dedicated work on behalf of DSSAT. Many of the current programs in DSSAT, including the DSSAT shell, the Seasonal and Sequence Read more »
- Permanent positions in France for crop modellingHello, I'm pleased to inform researchers in agronomy who are interested in modelling that 2 permanent positions are open at itk company (Montpellier, France) for the development of crop models and DSS. Best regards. Amélie -- Pinet Amélie http://itk.fr/ SAS ITK CEEI Cap Alpha Avenue Read more »
- Proposition of post-doc position in France for modelling IntercropsHello, I'm pleased to inform young researchers in agronomy who are interested in modelling that we will open a post-doc position for 2 years for simulating intercrops (species mixtures of arable crops) using the STICS soil-crop model. Do not hesitate to contact me in case of interest. Best Read more »
- Postdoctoral fellowships in ecohydrologyWe have further funding to seek outstanding candidates to undertake cutting-edge research on computational sustainability and environmental analytics funded by Campus Alberta Innovates Program (CAIP). This is an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic and ambitious researchers to use state-of-the Read more »
- Post-Doc (Geospatial Hydrology) opportunityDear Colleagues, We are seeking a highly motivated candidate for the following Postdoctoral Research Associate (Geospatial Hydrology) position. Please contact me if you need more information. Best regards Srini Post-Doc (Geospatial Hydrology) Position Description "The Texas A&M AgriLife Read more »
- Call For Papers: Agriculture and Climate Session at AAG Annual MeetingDear Colleagues, We encourage you to submit an abstract to the session: "Climate Change and the Future of Agriculture” at the 2018 American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting. Session Description: Last year the prevalence of undernourishment increased for the first time in decades, and Read more »
- International Agrometeorology Consultant for a project in LaosDear Colleagues, FAO has posted a vacancy for an international agrometeorology consultant. All details here below.Deadline: 06 November 2017 All applications are to be made through FAO’s iRecruitment system. Click on the link below to access iRecruitment, complete your online profile and apply Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.