DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- PhD position at the University of QueenslandPlease circulate the attached PhD position among suitable candidates. Thanks Dr Daniel Rodriguez BSc. MSc. PhD Associate Professor Editor of Agricultural Systems (Elsevier) Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI) 203 Tor Str, Toowoomba Qld 4350 Read more »
- post-doc Offer at INRA : Modelling physiology of cereal legume cropping systems in Mediterranean contextDear colleagues, We are looking for a post-doctoral fellow with a background in modelling, crop physiology or agronomy at INRA in Montpellier France for contribution to an international project in teh Mediterranean area. I would appreciate if you could circulate this offer to good candidates in Read more »
- PhD position at ZALF in integrated modelling of climate riskDear colleagues, I would appreciate if you could distribute the attached announcement for a PhD position at ZALF in “Integrated modeling of climate risk to smallholder farms in sub-Saharan Africa” to good candidates in your networks. Thank you and best regards, Heidi _____________ Read more »
- Research Agronomist/Research Physiologist position (GS 12/13) at USDA-ARS, El Reno, OKHi All, We are looking for a Research Agronomist/Research Physiologist to fill a permanent scientist position (GS 12/13) in Forage and Livestock Production Research Unit, USDA-ARS Grazinglands Research Laboratory, El Reno, OK. Here is the link to the job advertisement: https://www.usajob Read more »
- Special Issue "Remote Sensing Applications for Agriculture and Crop Modelling"Dear Colleagues, I am pleased to inform you about a Special Issue that I set-up in the journal "Agronomy" (ISSN 2073-4395, IF 1.419) entitled "Remote Sensing Applications for Agriculture and Crop Modelling" ( http://www.mdpi.com/journal/agronomy/special_issues/remote-sensing-agriculture-model Read more »
- Post Doc Position - Invasive Insects Modeling at Oregon State UniversityJob Announcement Position Title: Research Associate (Post Doc) Appointment Type: Academic Teaching/Research Faculty Job Location: Corvallis Position Appointment: 1.0 FTE Appointment Basis: 12 months, with possibility of extension Faculty Status: Regular Tenure Status: Fixed Term Read more »
- Call for abstracts AGU Fall Meeting: Earth observation workflow code repositories and publication practices for better research transparency and efficiency through reusePlease consider submitting an abstract to the following session: Earth observation workflow code repositories and publication practices for better research transparency and efficiency through reuse at AGU Fall Meeting 2018. Session Read more »
- Invitation to submit abstract at AGU fall meetingDear colleagues, We would like to invite you to submit abstract in the American Geophysical Union Fall 2018 Conference session: Emerging trends on environmental modeling and its impact on agricultural production systems and farming decisions ((https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2018/abstract-submissi Read more »
- Call for Abstracts: AGU 2018 Session GC066: "Managing regional and global agricultural sustainability using earth observations, modeling, and artificial intelligence”Dear all, If you are considering attending the AGU Fall Meeting this year, my colleagues and I would like to draw your attention to a session we're convening that brings together academics and practitioners across disciplines working on issues related to sustainable agriculture. Please see the Read more »
- Plant Physiologist / Ecologist Position -- US Citizens only(The following position is with the USDA and U.S. citizenship is required. For questions, please respond to the e-mails included and not to the listserver) The USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Adaptive Cropping Systems Laboratory located in Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.