DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share all your questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv.
- Proposition of post-doc position in France for modelling IntercropsHello, I'm pleased to inform young researchers in agronomy who are interested in modelling that we will open a post-doc position for 2 years for simulating intercrops (species mixtures of arable crops) using the STICS soil-crop model. Do not hesitate to contact me in case of interest. Best Read more »
- Postdoctoral fellowships in ecohydrologyWe have further funding to seek outstanding candidates to undertake cutting-edge research on computational sustainability and environmental analytics funded by Campus Alberta Innovates Program (CAIP). This is an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic and ambitious researchers to use state-of-the Read more »
- Post-Doc (Geospatial Hydrology) opportunityDear Colleagues, We are seeking a highly motivated candidate for the following Postdoctoral Research Associate (Geospatial Hydrology) position. Please contact me if you need more information. Best regards Srini Post-Doc (Geospatial Hydrology) Position Description "The Texas A&M AgriLife Read more »
- Call For Papers: Agriculture and Climate Session at AAG Annual MeetingDear Colleagues, We encourage you to submit an abstract to the session: "Climate Change and the Future of Agriculture” at the 2018 American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting. Session Description: Last year the prevalence of undernourishment increased for the first time in decades, and Read more »
- International Agrometeorology Consultant for a project in LaosDear Colleagues, FAO has posted a vacancy for an international agrometeorology consultant. All details here below.Deadline: 06 November 2017 All applications are to be made through FAO’s iRecruitment system. Click on the link below to access iRecruitment, complete your online profile and apply Read more »
- Reminder: DSSAT Foundation Annual Open ForumThe DSSAT Foundation will be sponsoring the 21th Annual Open Forum on Crop Modeling and Decision Support Systems during this year’s ASA-CSSA-SSSA 2017 International Annual Meetings. The forum is scheduled for Monday night, October 23, 2017, from 7:30 – 9:00 pm at the Grand Ballroom B, Marriott Read more »
- Funded PhD opportunity in crop modelingDear all, We are looking for a talented and highly motivated student for a 3-years fully funded PhD in computer science and modeling applied to agronomy. The student will be based at INRA Montpellier, France, will be co-supervised by scientists in computer science at INRA Toulouse, and INRIA/CIR Read more »
- Borlaug Fellowship Program - Due November 5, 2017Borlaug Fellowship Program The Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program promotes food security and economic growth by providing training and collaborative research opportunities to fellows from developing and middle-income countries. Borlaug fellows are Read more »
- postdoc in modelling plant-plant and plant-environment interactions at SLU (Sweden) - deadline November 5thDear colleague, Hera at our plant ecology group at SLU Uppsala Sweden we are seeking a highly motivated postdoc to work on modelling of plant-plant and plant-environment interactions to establish predictive understanding of ideal plant mixtures in agriculture for high and stable crop yields, Read more »
- Irrigation Post-Doctoral Position at Auburn UniversityAll, The Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences at Auburn University is seeking applicants for a Post-Doctoral position focused on Irrigation. The person hired will join a team of faculty and students working on a recent funded project focused on the evaluation and demonstration of several Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.