DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- [iCROPM2002] Save the Date!Dear Colleagues, Mark your calendar, The Second International Crop Modelling Symposium (iCROPM2020) will be held February 3-5, 2020 in Montpellier, France. Four years after the first International Crop Modelling Symposium in Berlin (iCROPM2016), crop modelers from around the world will meet at Read more »
- Faculty Position in Agricultural Systems and Engineering: AIT ThailandDear All We have a new opening in our Department (Assistant/Associate Professor in Agricultural Systems and Engineering, Department of Food, Agriculture and Bioresources, School of Environment, Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand). I would appreciate should you Read more »
- ZALF post-doctoral researcher in integrated crop modelling openingDear colleagues, We have an opening at ZALF in Müncheberg, Germany (near Berlin) for a post-doctoral researcher in integrated crop modelling in the context of climate change and food security. The successful candidate would contribute to a project funded through the International Wheat Yield Read more »
- Deadline Extended: Special issue on modelling forest ecosystems in Ecological ModellingThe editors of the special issue "Modelling Forest Ecosystems" to be published in ECOLOGICAL MODELLING (IF 2.507) would like to invite all scientists working on any aspect related to forest ecosystems to submit their research papers to the special issue, already open for submissions and with a Read more »
- Special issue: Viticulture and Winemaking under Climate Change (May 2019)Dear colleagues, I would like to invite anyone interested in submitting a paper for the special issue "Viticulture and Winemaking under Climate Change", which will be published by the journal Agronomy (ISSN 2073-4395, 2018 JCR impact factor = 1.419). I will be serving as Guest Editor for Read more »
- Postdoc position in South AfricaHello, The position is funded by RSA-NRF as part of a Block grant to Agric Research Council (http://www.arc.agric.za/Pages/Home.aspx) for next year. It will be for 3 years period and salary of about 300k ZAR starting by 29 March 2019. The person should have skills in crop modelling and climate Read more »
- Arctic and boreal agriculture - survey for researchers on climate change and network establishmentDear Colleague, Climate change is expected to have both positive and negative impacts on agriculture. One effect is the accessibility of agriculture to new regions. We argue that sustainable management of a rapidly changing boreal and arctic agriculture is best served by a focused, joint, Read more »
- Subscription probe for DSSAT - please ignoreThu, 27 Dec 2018 06:00:30 This message is a "probe" for your subscription to the DSSAT list. You do not need to take any action to remain subscribed to the list. In particular, you should not reply to this message. Simply discard it now, or read on if you would like to know more Read more »
- DSSAT 2019 International Training ProgramThe DSSAT Foundation, in collaboration with the University of Florida and the International Fertilizer Development Center, will host an international training program entitled DSSAT 2019 - "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Read more »
- [itk] Job offers - Crop Modelling - FranceHello, I’m recruitment officer for ITK, an international company based in France. Our mission is to help farmers optimize the yield and quality of their crops, and reduce risks on their farm, while preserving the environment through better management of inputs (irrigation, fertilizer, Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.