DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- Postgraduate Course on Crop Physiology & ModelingThe C.T. De Wit Graduate School Production Ecology & Resource Conservation at Wageningen University in collaboration with the University of Florida, is offering a 6-day Postgraduate Course for PhD candidates and other academics entitled "Fundamentals of Crop Physiology in a Changing World." The Read more »
- New Perennial Forage Model in DSSATWe are pleased to announce the release of the CSM-CROPGRO-Perennial-Forage model in DSSAT Version 4.7, complete with species adaptations and data files for three perennial forages: Brachiaria brizantha Stapf cv. Marandu, ‘Tifton 85’ bermudagrass (Cynodon spp.), and alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) Read more »
- Postdoctoral position at Univ MissouriThe University of Missouri has an opening for a crop modeler to support work on soybean adaptation to water limited conditions. The full announcement is below. For further information please contact Prof F Fritschi, frit...@missouri.edu Jeffrey W. White, PhD Research Plant Physiologist Read more »
- Post-doctoral Fellowship in Crop ModellingThe FAPESP Thematic Project “Global Sustainable Bioenergy Initiative: Geospatial & environmental analysis of pastureland intensification for bioenergy” is starting a selection process for a post-doctoral fellowship entitled “Development and preliminary application of a multi-crop global energy Read more »
- Feeding a Hungry PlanetDear Colleagues, Friends, I'm pleased to share that Feeding a Hungry Planet: Agriculture, Nutrition and Sustainability – the FREE, massive open online course from the SDG Academy that I helped develop last year – is relaunching on April 16! I would greatly appreciate your support in sharing the Read more »
- Position opening: Field scanner specialistThe position below is to operate the world’s largest robotic field phenotyping scanner. The resulting data should have broad use for crop modeling. èPlease use the web site for any queries. Best regards, Jeff W Jeffrey W. White, PhD Research Plant Physiologist USDA-ARS, ALARC 520-316-636 Read more »
- postdoc in hydrological and biogeochemical interactions - Stockholm Univ - deadline April22nd, 2018We invite applications for a postdoc in Hydrological and Biogeochemical Interactions Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University, Sweden Closing date: 22 April 2018 Detailed information and application instructions: https://www.su.se/english/about/working-at-su/jobs?rmpage=job Read more »
- Associate Senior Lecturer position in Plant Ecology/Weed Biology at SLU, Uppsala, SwedenHi, There is an open position as Associate Senior Lecturer in Plant Ecology with specialization in Weed Biology at the Department of Crop Production Ecology, at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), in Uppsala, Sweden. Deadline for applications: April 20th, 2018 More Read more »
- DSSAT 2018 International Training Program in MayDear colleagues, If you are interested in attending the DSSAT 2018 International Training Program "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models", please note that there are only a few weeks left for early registration. The Read more »
- Postdoc opportunity in Agricultural Water Security at University of ManchesterDear colleagues, I currently have an opening for a postdoctoral research associate to join my group at the University of Manchester as part of a new £8m project “DAMS 2.0: Design and Assessment of resilient and sustainable interventions of water-energy-food-environment Mega-Systems” ( http://gtr Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.