DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- Calculation for Yield Estimation of Potato CropHello All, I need assistance or understanding of how I can the following from a 1-acre potato farm. 1. Yield estimation ( simple model) 2. Understand what the output is of the product, what would be the probable target yield rate per day/week. 3. The would be the rate of perishabil Read more »
- Looking for Someone with Research Experience in Precision Water ManagementDear All: I am looking for someone with strong field research experience in precision water management specifically on the use and integration of data from field observations, unmanned aerial vehicles, and remote sensing products for monitoring plant-water stress and developing smart irrigation Read more »
- New Post Doc opportunity in Crop ModellingDear DSSAT Community, I would greatly appreciate your help in distributing the following Post-Doctoral Research Scientist position at the University of Leeds (UK). We are seeking a crop modeller to join a recently launched project focused on improving climate resilience and food security in Read more »
- PhD position near Berlin, GermanyDear all, We are looking for a PhD student to join us for three years starting July 2019 to work on modelling novel rye genotypes within our EU-project RYE-SUS (https://www.suscrop.eu/projects-first-call/rye-sus) Please distribute to anyone in your network who might be interested. Best Read more »
- Statistical analysis of spatial data in agro-environmental research international summer school - Como (Italy) August 26-30 2019Dear All, The Statistical analysis of spatial Data in Agro-Environmental research summer school (SDAE) aims to present statistical analysis of agro-environmental data at different scales, from catchment to regional scale. WEB site: http://sdae.lakecomoschool.org/ Topics: Sample design, Read more »
- PhD Vacancy in weather index insuranceDear All The School of MACE at the University of Manchester, UK has an opening in Using weather index insurance to reduce weather related risks to smallholder agriculture. The project is available to UK/EU citizens and is funded at the standard RCUK rate for 3 years. The research student Read more »
- Postdoctoral Research Position on Sustainable Bioenergy Crop ProductionDear DSSAT Community, I would greatly appreciate your help in distributing the following employment opportunity for a Postdoctoral Research Position on Sustainable Bioenergy Crop Production at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center in Beaumont, Texas: Application Link: https://tamus.wd1. Read more »
- જવાબ: Graduate student positions in participatory modellingGreetings, I would like to share with the DSSAT community an opportunity for graduate studies in participatory environmental modelling at McGill University, with fieldwork in water management (for agriculture and other uses) in Tz'olöj Ya', Guatemala. The project, named Inclusiveness of Read more »
- OPEN CALL: Postdoc on bean modellingDear colleagues, CIAT is searching for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Bean Modeling. The researcher will be responsible for use crop-climate models to implement the Target Population of Environments (TPE) approach for 2 key abiotic stresses for common beans in countries of the Pan African Bean Read more »
- [iCROPM2020] 1st Announcement - International Crop Modelling SymposiumDear Colleagues, We are pleased to announce the Second International Crop Modelling Symposium (iCROPM2020) to be held February 3-5, 2020 in Montpellier, France. For more information and updates on iCROPM2020 and the side events that will be organized on February 6-7 visit icropm2020.org. Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.