DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- PhD research opportunity: modelling the nexus between profitability, productivity and greenhouse gas emissions of livestock businessesThe Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture invites applications for a PhD position focussed on The nexus between profitability, productivity, greenhouse gas mitigation and carbon sequestration of livestock businesses under climate change. Additional information on the project can be found here: Read more »
- Job Opening Sr. Crop Modeler, BASF-State college PADear Colleague, we have a Sr. Crop modeler position open in our team at the BASF- State college , PA locations. Please feel free to share the information to any interested candidates. detail job description can be found in link below. https://basf.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=54 Read more »
- DSSAT 2019 International Training Program in MayDear colleagues, If you are interested in attending the DSSAT 2019 International Training Program "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models", please note that there are only a few weeks left for early registration. The Read more »
- Symposium on Modelling Forest Ecosystems at ISEM´19 (Salzburg, Austria Oct 1-5)Dear all, It is with great pleasure that we are announcing the organization of an international symposium on Modelling Forest Ecosystems as part of the International Society for Ecological Modelling World Conference 2019 (ISEM19), that will be held in Salzburg (Austria) in Octuber 1-5, 2019. Read more »
- PhD position on Soybean and Lupin production in SwedenDear all The Department of Crop Production Ecology from Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is searching for a PhD student to work with a multi-scale feasibility study of organic soybean and lupin production in Sweden. Work includes 1) assessing the influence of crop management on Read more »
- International summer school: Methodological approaches to system experimentsDearl all, I am happy to invitate this flyer that presents an international summer school that might be of interest to some of you. It focuses on methods for system experiments. Please let me know if you have any question since I am currently working in one the lab orgazing this event. Best Read more »
- Job openings in Uppsala, Sweden: 3 postdocs and 1 PhD student in plant modelling, agroecology, theoretical ecologyDear Colleague, We have four exciting positions open in our team at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala Sweden: 3 postdocs and one PhD-student. We would greatly appreciate help in spreading the word to any interested candidates. PhD-student on crop production Read more »
- Digital Ag, Crop Modeling Positions at PurduePlease distribute the attached position announcement. The Department of Agronomy at Purdue is seeking two (2) faculty with expertise in crop modeling/digital agriculture. This is part of a college-wide initiative in digital agriculture. I serve on the search committee. Feel free to contact me if Read more »
- Post-Doctoral Research Opportunity at Columbia Earth Institute's Center for Climate Systems ResearchThe Center for Climate Systems Research of the Earth Institute at Columbia University invites applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Scientist position focused on the creation of a Symbiotic Agent-Based Network Platform for the analysis of food security and human migration. An announcement Read more »
- New Post Doc opportunity in Agricultural Water ManagementDear colleagues, Grateful if you could pls circulate this job opportunity through your academic/research/industrial networks to any potential candidates, many thanks. Cranfield University (UK) is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant or Post Doc Research Fellow in Agricultural Water Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.