DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- Int J Plant ProdDear All, This is to inform you that 'International Journal of Plant Production' (IJPP) will be published by Springer since 2018. This journal has been in publication for 11 years by Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (GUASNR) (www.ijpp.info), Gorgan, Iran. The Read more »
- Fwd: AgMIP 7 announcementSeventh AgMIP Global Workshop April 24-26, 2018 Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser. [image: AgMIP7 Logo] Deadline Approaching! The deadline for abstract submissions is only two weeks away. Submit your proposal for oral and poster abstracts by February 28, 2018. Read more »
- post-doc position on fruit modeling at INRA Avignon, FranceModeling fruit quality build-up according to fruit growth, storage conditions and post-storage processing Key words : plant physiology, apple, modeling, optimisation, post-harvest, fruit quality, fruit processing The proposal is part of a research project (Interfaces) which deals with the Read more »
- Quantitative Agronomist position at Gamaya, Swiss start-upDear all, I hope you'll find the following announcement pertinent to this mailing list. Gamaya, one of the most prominent Swiss startups in the field of smart farming, is seeking an experienced and motivated quantitative agronomist to support the needs of the fast-growing company. Work permit Read more »
- University of Manchester postdoc for IFPRI crop insurance projectApologies in case of cross-posting: The University of Manchester is hiring a postdoctoral Research Associate with a PhD (or close to completion) in Agricultural Engineering, Remote Sensing, Environmental/Climate Science or a related discipline as part of a new NERC-ESRC-DFID funded project Read more »
- PhD position on ozone effects on crop yields in ChinaDear all, We have an opportunity for a funded PhD position at the University of Birmingham, working on modelling of the effect of ozone on crop yields with a focus on China. The student will develop a new process-based parameterisation of ozone damage within the LPJ-GUESS ecosystem model, Read more »
- III Tropical Crop Modeling Workshop at University of Sao Paulo - ESALQ - 2018Dear Colleagues We are happy to let you know that the III Tropical Crop Modeling Workshop will be held at University of Sao Paulo - ESALQ (Piracicaba - São Paulo - Brazil), from July 9-13, 2018, focusing on the introductory use of APSIM and DSSAT systems for tropical farming systems. Dr Peter Read more »
- McGill's M.Sc. program in Integrated Water Resources ManagementGood afternoon, We are contacting you with the goal of communicating information about McGill’s M.Sc. program in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) to undergraduate and graduate students within your department, as they consider future potential graduate programs. McGill’s Integrated Read more »
- Position Agronomy SpecialistWe are actively searching for an Agronomy Specialist in crop models for a project in Bhutan : “Hydromet Services and disaster resilience regional project - Developing an Agro-Met Decision Support System for Farm Advisory” (at the latest : 27th of January 2018) BRL Ingénierie (BRLi) is a Read more »
- Crop Modelling Internhip | Bayer Digital FarmingDear all, Digital Farming (http://www.digitalfarming.bayer.com/) is searching for a highly motivated crop modeller: https://www.karriere.bayer.de/de/job/Internship-Crop-Modelling-m-f--SF14382.html Best regards, Holger Hoffmann Technical Manager //////////////////// Bayer AG Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.