DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- AGU Agrohydrology SessionDear Colleagues, I'd like to encourage you to consider an AGU session I'm co-convening focused around water (quantity and quality) in agricultural landscapes. We're interested in researchers working on both physical and human dimensions of water, and how to translate that scientific understandi Read more »
- DSSAT Workshop in South AfricaThe Agricultural Research Council of South Africa will be hosting an International Crop Modeling Training Workshop on DSSAT in collaboration with the University of Florida and the DSSAT Foundation. The workshop will be held from 30 September to 4 October, 2019 at the ARC Offices in Pretoria, Read more »
- Agriculture and Climate Session at AGU Fall MeetingDear Colleagues, We encourage you to submit an abstract to session GC043 of the 2019 AGU Fall Meeting, entitled "Improving the Simulation of Climate Impacts on Agriculture: AgMIP and Related Research". Session Description: Agricultural models simulate the effects of climate on crop yields, Read more »
- Webinar on Minimum Data for Crop ModelingThe Platform for Big Data in Agriculture's Community of Practice on Crop Modeling hosted a webinar on June 18, 2019 entitled "Minimum Data Requirements for Crop Modeling." The speakers were Dr. Tom Hagen with the CGIAR Excellence in Breeding Platform and Gerrit Hoogenboom, University of Florida. Read more »
- Postdoc Opportunity - Research Fellow in Environment and Health at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical MedicineThe Nutrition Group in the Department of Population Health at LSHTM wishes to appoint a Research Fellow in Environment & Health based in London to model and quantify the effects on population health of strategies to reduce nitrogen pollution in South Asia. Full details are available on the LSHTM Read more »
- Postdoc Opportunity at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities: Agroecosystem ModelingOne Postdoctoral Researcher Position is available through the Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering (BBE) at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. The initial appointment is 12 months, with possibility of renew upon performance and funding availability. Position summary: The Read more »
- Job Announcement for a Computer Programmer/Data Scientist at IFDCDear sir/madam: Your assistance is needed in posting the above position on DSSAT List Server. Thanks, Upendra https://ifdc-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=543&company_id=16193&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992357&aid=1 https://bit.ly/2JuVLKM Job Read more »
- Invitation to submit abstracts - AGU-Utilizing remote sensing data for crop model implementationDear Collogues, Please consider submitting abstract to the following AGU session on the use of Earth Observation data in crop modeling B126. Utilizing remote sensing data for crop model implementation at regional scales - A potential way forward for data scarce regions Agricultural Read more »
- Invitation to submit abstracts to AGU session GC054: Modeling and Monitoring the Carbon-Water-Nutrient Nexus for AgroecosystemsDear Colleagues, Please consider submitting abstracts of your work to a new session on "Modeling and Monitoring the Carbon-Water-Nutrient Nexus for Agroecosystems” for the 2019 AGU Fall Meeting (Dec. 9-13, San Francisco). More details are provided below. We would also appreciate if you can Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.