DSSAT Mailing List
A mailing list for DSSAT users and others interested in crop model development, crop model applications and decision support systems has been established at the University of Georgia and is being mirrored at Google Groups. Please feel free to share general questions, concerns, successes, messages and thoughts related to DSSAT and its application to the DSSAT Listserv. We currently have more than 11,200 unique e-mail addresses on the DSSAT listserver for people who are interested in crop modeling and decision support systems. For specific DSSAT problems and errors, please use “Contact Us” to avoid unnecessary e-mail clutter.
- Submit an Abstract to AGU Session GC091. Toward Better Understanding of the Impacts of Climate Variability on Agricultural Decision-Making and Longer-term AdaptationDear colleagues, I hope this email finds you well. Please consider submitting an abstract to this AGU Session: GC091. Toward Better Understanding of the Impacts of Climate Variability on Agricultural Decision-Making and Longer-term Adaptation during the 2018 AGU Fall Meeting, which will be held Read more »
- Vacancy - Yield Crop modeller position descriptionDear all, Please, find a job position in the attached file and feel free to forward this message to others. Requirements: • PhD (close completion) / MSc (preferably in meteorology/agronomy or related) • Experience on crop yield modelling and managing large datasets • Strong programming Read more »
- PhD positions at University of HohenheimDear list members, we are looking for a PhD student for conducting agronomic studies on P in maize including the further development of the DSSAT P model. Interested students are encouraged to send their applications. Further details are given in the attached pdf file or can be viewed at Read more »
- PhD Position at University of BonnDear list members, we are looking for a PhD student for conducting agronomic studies in the Kilombero district of Tanzania. Interested students from Tanzania or East-Africa are particularly encouraged to send their applications. Further details are given below. Regards, Matthias A PDF Read more »
- Announcement: DSSAT and MWCropDSS 2018 International Training in ThailandTo whom it may concern; Please circulate in your network the upcoming training workshop on DSSAT v4.7 and MWCropDSS applications for Window in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Please let me know if you need more information. Best regards, Attachai Jintrawet, Ph.D. Professor and Workshop Director, Read more »
- Webinar on global food and nutrient productionDear DSSAT online community, This might be of your interest. Please read below. The Nutrition and Food System Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations is please to invite you this Friday 25 May at 15:00-16:30 (GMT+2, Rome hour) to the live-streamed Read more »
- Looking for a postdoctoral fellow to apply for Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions in our teamDear colleagues, We are looking for a young postdoctoral scientist, highly motivated to do research on forest ecology in temperate forests in Spain, with a good publication record, interested in applying for the upcoming Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA-IF). The applicant will lead his/her Read more »
- 2 x PhD studentships in machine learning for agriculture at University of ManchesterDear colleagues, I currently have two open opportunities for PhD students to join my group at the University of Manchester to conduct research focused on the: (1) Design and assessment of intelligent irrigation management tools using machine learning methods, smart sensors, and crop models in Read more »
- 3 year Postdoc opportunity in Dams and Food Security at University of Manchester, UKDear colleagues, We currently have an opening for a postdoctoral research associate to join my group at the University of Manchester as part of the FutureDams research centre led by the University of Manchester (http://www.futuredams.org). The selected candidate will use remote sensing, field Read more »
- Data Scientist position in MonsantoDear All, Attached please find a Data Scientist position in Monsanto (St Louis, MO, USA) If interested please contact Bob Zhou (xiaob...@monsanto.com). Thanks, Zhiming Zhiming Qi Assistant Professor | Department of Bioresource Engineering | Macdonald Campus | McGill Read more »
How to Join
You can join the mailing list at one of two options:
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- To unsubscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with following command in the message body:
- Information about the Listserv can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since March 1995!) can be found here.
- Use the [Join] box on the right sidebar of this website. Once you submit your email address, you’ll be asked to confirm the address via a confirmation email message from the system. The email address doesn’t have to be associated with Google Account.
- Information about the DSSAT Google Group can be found here.
- Archive of messages (since Feb 2008) can be found here.
Other Crop Modeling Mailing Lists
- Managed by University of Nebraska
- To join, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UNL.EDUwith the command (paste it):SUBSCRIBE AGMODELS-L
- Further information can be found here.
- Managed by AgMIP IT Team
- To join, fill the Subscription Request form with your contact information.
- Further information can be found here.
- Archived messages (since March 2011) can be found here.
- Managed by APSIM.
- Posts messages about questions and discussion relating to APSIM (Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator). It also contains some training material as well as FAQs and general information about APSIM related issues.
- To join, visit APSIM Google Group page.
- Archived messages (since April 2009) can be found here.