Training Program on DSSAT v4.6
May 20-25, 2013 | The University of Georgia at Griffin, Georgia, USA
Presented by a joint training program of the DSSAT Foundation, Washington State University, the University of Florida, the University of Georgia and IFDC.
Program Goal and Objectives
The overall goal of this training program is to familiarize participants with a comprehensive computer model for the simulation of crop growth and yield, soil and plant water, nutrient and carbon dynamics and their application to real world problems.
Each participant will receive the DSSAT Software (Version 4.6 for Windows) and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production.
Specifically the program will focus on:
- Operation of the Windows-based Decision Support System for Agrotechnology Transfer (DSSAT) Version 4.6.
- Description of the DSSAT-Cropping System Model, CSM and its modules, such as CROPGRO and CERES, and the science embedded in the models.
- Minimum data requirements and experimental data collection for systems simulation.
- Integration of crop simulation models with data base management and Geographical Information Systems.
- Application of the DSSAT-CSM model to improve management of cropping systems.