DSSAT 2016 International Training
Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk, and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation ModelsMay 16-21, 2016 | The University of Georgia at Griffin, Georgia, USA
Presented by a joint training program of the DSSAT Foundation, Washington State University, the University of Florida, the University of Georgia and IFDC.
Program Goal and Objectives
The overall goal of this training program is to familiarize participants with a comprehensive computer model for the simulation of crop growth and yield, soil and plant water, nutrient and carbon dynamics and their application to real world problems.
Each participant will receive the DSSAT Software (Version 4.6 for Windows) and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production.
Specifically the program will focus on:
- Operation of the Windows-based Decision Support System for Agrotechnology Transfer (DSSAT) Version 4.6.
- Description of the DSSAT-Cropping System Model, CSM and its modules, such as CROPGRO and CERES, and the science embedded in the models.
- Minimum data requirements and experimental data collection for systems simulation.
- Integration of crop simulation models with data base management and Geographical Information Systems.
- Application of the DSSAT-CSM model to improve management of cropping systems.
The registration fee is $1500 if you register by April 1 and $1,800 if you register after April 1. It covers resource material including the DSSAT v4.6 software and the book Understanding Options for Agricultural Production. It also includes AM/PM breaks and lunch on training days, and registration services. It does not cover breakfast, dinner, lodging, health insurance, or transportation. Each participant is responsible for these costs. If you register by April 1, 2016, you are assured of receiving a confirmation package. Enrollment is limited to 50 participants.
- By mail: Fill out, print and mail your registration form (PDF form) and payment to the Office of Continuing Education, The University of Georgia, Griffin Campus, 1109 Experiment St., Griffin, GA 30223. Payment is by personal or cashier’s check or money order. Do not send cash.
- By fax: Fill out, print and fax your registration form (PDF form) to 1-770-233-6180. Payment is by credit card only.
- In Person: Come to our office. We are located in the Stuckey Building, Room 125, on the Griffin Campus. Business hours are 8 am-5 pm, M-F. Payment is by personal or cashier’s check, money order, credit card or cash.
- By telephone: Our telephone number is 1-770-229-3477. Credit card payment only if registering by phone.
- Online: Click “DSSAT2015” to register online. Payment is by credit card only.
- DSSAT Training Workshop 2015
- DSSAT Workshop Homepage at the University of Georgia
- Highlights and CSM/DSSAT
- General Information
- Registration and Contacts
- Faculty and Co-Sponsors