The Annual Meeting of the American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America (ASA-CSSA-SSSA) is the grand confluence of scientists, professionals, and organizations focused on agronomy, crop science, and soil science. The 2023 Annual Meeting, scheduled from October 29 through November 1, 2023, in St. Louis, MO, is promising a rich array of presentations, discussions, and interactions.
Sponsored Special Sessions
The University of Florida and the DSSAT Foundation are sponsoring three distinguished Special DSSAT Oral (I and II) and Poster Sessions during this meeting. The sessions will fall under the ASA Section: Climatology and Modeling and are aimed at bringing forth discussions on innovative research and advancements in the field.
Poster Sessions – October 30, 2023 (4:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
The following posters will be displayed on Monday, October 30, 2023, in the Exhibit Hall (Level One, America’s Center Convention Complex):
- Poster #1156: Crop Model Based Spatial Yield Forecasting Using Craft: Case Study for Ghana by Shelia et al.
- Poster #1157: An R Package for Parameter Estimation with DSSAT-CSM Models by Alderman et al.
- Poster #1158: Development of a Cereal-Legume Intercrop Model for DSSAT Version 4.8 by Pierre et al.
- Poster #1159: A Model-Based Approach to Analyze the Interactive Effects of Genotype and Nitrogen on the Yield Determination of Potato by Khan et al.
- Poster #1160: Modeling Prussic Acid Free Forage Sorghum Yield Under Drought Using DSSAT-CERES-Sorghum by Cruz et al.
- Poster #1161: Simulating Cowpea Phenology for Various Accessions by Harling Jr. et al.
- Poster #1162: Performance of the DSSAT in Simulating Greenhouse Gases Emissions for Cropping Systems for a Tropical Environment by Da Silva et al.
- Poster #1163: Asymbiotic Nitrogen Fixation Effect on Brachiariagrass Growth Simulated By the Cropgro Perennial Forage Model by Gomes et al.
Oral I Presentations – October 31, 2023 (1:30 PM – 4:25 PM)
The following is the list of presentations for Tuesday, October 31, 2023, in room 141 (Level One, America’s Center Convention Complex):
- 319-1: Development and Evolution of the DSSAT Cropping System Model for Local to Global Applications by Hoogenboom et al.
- 319-2: Evaluating and Applying the DSSAT-CSM-Substor Model to Simulate Water and Nitrogen Responses in Spring Potato in Northeast Florida by Dias et al.
- 319-3: Simulating Plant Growth and Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Conventional Cotton Cropping Systems in East-Central Texas Using DSSAT by Miyanaka et al.
- 319-4: Simulating the Effect of Winter Cover Crops on Nitrogen Dynamics in Alabama Using the DSSAT Crop Model by Sharma et al.
- 319-5: Projected Climate Change Impacts on Cotton Production in the Texas High Plains by Singh et al.
- 319-6: A Bayesian Regression Approach to Estimating Photosynthetically Active Radiation Using Satellite Data: Application to Soybean Crop Model.
- 319-7: Adaptation of the Cropgro-Model to Simulate Growth and Development of Industrial Hemp Cultivars in Florida by Hopf et al.
- 319-8: Evaluating the Impact of Corn Deficit Irrigation Strategies on Corn in Alabama Using the DSSAT CERES-Maize Model by Nunes et al.
- 319-9: Parameter Estimates for Chick Pea Simulation at Indian Head Research Farm, Saskatchewan by Chipanshi et al.
- 319-10: DSSAT Modeling of Kernza Biomass and Coupled Water and Nitrogen Balances in SW Minnesota at Two N Rates by Tahir et al.
Oral II Presentations – November 1, 2023 (9:05 AM – 12:00 PM)
The following is the list of presentations for Wednesday, November 1, 2023, in room 100 (Level One, America’s Center Convention Complex):
- 420-1: Spatial Crop Modeling at Scale: GSSAT2 by Willingthon Pavan et al.
- 420-2: Quantifying Carinata Water Consumption and Its Effects on Water Demand for Subsequent Summer Crops by Nafi et al.
- 420-3: Evaluating the DSSAT-CSM-Substor Model in Subirrigated Potato-Agroecosystem Under Varied Nitrogen Fertilizer Rates and Application Timings by Gupta et al.
- 420-4: Modeling the Impact of Controlled-Release Fertilizers on Corn Yield, Nitrogen Use Efficiency, and Nitrate Leaching: A DSSAT-Based Simulation Study by Singh et al.
- 420-5: A Comparison of Wheat Phenology Submodules by Paff et al.
- 420-6: Development of an Integrated System to Forecast Crop Yield Using a Process Based Crop Model and Remote Sensing Data by Yoo et al.
- 420-7: The Crop Rotation Tool: A Multi-Platform, User-Friendly Application for Enhanced Crop Management by Pavan et al.
- 420-8: Development of Containers Specialized for the Parameter Calibration of a Crop Model by Hyun et al.
- 420-9: A View of the Future for DSSAT Crop Modeling by Boote et al.
Insightful Discussions and Learning
The meeting is bound to facilitate fruitful discussions and disseminate knowledge on various aspects of agronomy, crop science, and soil science. The inclusion of the DSSAT Special Sessions further amplifies the opportunity to delve deep into modeling, simulation, and parameter estimation related to crop sciences. These sessions will undoubtedly enrich the understanding of participants and provide impetus to further research and development in these fields.
We extend our profound gratitude to the University of Florida and the DSSAT Foundation for their sponsorship and unwavering support in making these sessions possible. We are looking forward to the contributions, discussions, and learnings these sessions are bound to offer to the scientific community and the world at large.
- Date: October 29 – November 1, 2023
- Location: St. Louis, MO, America’s Center Convention Complex
- Section: ASA Section: Climatology and Modeling
For a detailed schedule and further inquiries regarding the sessions, please visit the official website of the ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting or contact the respective organizing committee.
Looking forward to seeing you there!